FAQ’s – Moving Out 30th of June 2017

I am leaving outside of office hours, what should I do with my keys?

Do not leave your keys with anyone other than Target Properties; otherwise there is a chance they could be lost or returned late, resulting in charges and deductions from your deposit. Clearly mark your name and address on an envelope and pop your keys into it, securely seal the envelope and post it through the office door.  A member of staff will collect it the next working day.

What must I do to receive my full deposit back?

In order to receive your full deposit back you must make sure that:

  •    *  The property has been cleaned as per the checklist
  •    *  All belongings and rubbish have been removed from the property
  •    *  There is no damage to the property (excluding general wear & tear)
  •    *  There is no outstanding bills on the property and proof has been sent to us
  •    *  There is no outstanding rent on the property
  •    *  The keys have been returned to us on time and in full

You can read a moving out guide here.

How long will it take to get my deposit back?

We aim to release the deposits within 10 working days after receiving proof that all bills have been paid on the property up until 30th of June 2017.

I am leaving the house a few weeks early can I get my deposit back early?

Unfortunately not, the property will be inspected at the end of the tenancy once the house is empty; we will need to check all the rent for the property has been paid and we also require proof that all bills have been paid up until 30th of June 2017.

Can I stay another night and/or store my belongings in the property as I am moving into my new house on the 1st of July?

Unfortunately not, we have new tenants moving in on the 1st of July. We need to carry out an inspection whilst the property is empty to assess if any cleaning or repairs are necessary and completed ready for the 1st of July, therefore you must leave on the 30th of June 2017 before 12 (noon). If you leave anything behind you will be charged removal fees.

There are many storage facilities in Leeds, some of which are:

Ready Steady Store 


Big Yellow 

What do you mean by proof of bills?

Gas, electric & water – you should send us a copy of your final bills, which should clearly state that the bills have been paid up until the 30th of June. We will also accept a letter/email from your utility providers stating that there are no outstanding bills on the account up until the 30th of June 2017. This should be printed on the company letter head and show the property address, tenants’ names, dates of the billing period and signature from the utility company.

Council tax – Students, you will need to provide us with an exemption letter from the council. Professionals, you will need to provide us with proof of payment, or a letter from the council stating that there are no outstanding payments for the property.

I live in an all inclusive property, how do I get proof of bills?

Don’t worry, no proof is required. We will ensure all the bills have been paid.

How do I re-direct my post to my new address?

You will need to pop into your nearest Post Office branch, or contact the Royal Mail.  Full details on how to re-direct your post can be found on the Post Office website here.

If you have any other questions regarding moving out of your Target Property, please don’t hesitate to contact us.